Improv for Voice Over: All Levels
Taught by Expert Improv Teacher, Casting and Voice Directors
For the actor/voice over actor who is looking for a "game-changer" when it comes to creating unique and inspiring characters for voice-over in animation. Get ready to work!
Click the ‘add to cart’ button to your left and complete your payment and reserve your spot.
4 Consecutive Weeks: March 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
Wednesdays 7pm - 9:30pm PST
Cost: $450 - Payment Plans Available
*No Pre-Req required but knowledge of Voice Over would be ideal
VIRTUAL CLASS VIA ZOOM
First-class is a crash course on the basic universal rules of improv and how to approach scene work. This course is character-focused and breaks down the “character triangle” and how it is used in improv and creating characters.
This workshop aims to demystify improv and make it accessible to all and give you a thorough and incredibly useful foundation of knowledge, tools, and techniques to learn to find your way into improv and how to stand out in auditions, and to have full access to your creativity as a voice-over actor.
What We Will Cover:
- Class focuses on the core tenants of improv scene work and the basic universal rules of improv: Listen and Respond, Improviser Is Always Right, Get Emotional, Get Specific,
- Breaking down the three pillars of character, each class focusing on one pillar; Physicality, Character POV, Character Voice
- Meisner-based listening and POV exercises designed to reveal deep intention behind improvised lines.
- Weekly homework exercises to create and inspire unique characters based on improv techniques.
- Round robin exercises featuring space work and emotion to beget character specificity.
- Discussions between actors that are modified with extreme physical/vocal "stereotypes".
- Students create characters focusing on precision, accuracy, and vocabulary of character from assigned unique celebrities.
- Understanding and implementing the character triangle improv technique.
- A whole bunch of fun tips and tricks to use improv in your auditions.
- How improv can make you stand out from the crowd of auditions!!
Work with the masters and become your own voice master!