CLUBHOUSE SIDES FOR ANIMATED CHARACTERS
SOLO SCRIPTS FOR ANIMATION
- Sam (10 yrs old, adventurous, natural-born leader, brave)
Okay, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking...we’re going to the moon! It’ll be so easy, all we have to do is hitch a ride! Oh come on guys, where’s your sense of adventure? We’re always talking about taking a road trip, well here’s our big chance! Who’s with me?
- Riley (bratty, know-it-all teenager, always the smartest person in the room)
You can’t just “walk in” to the headmaster’s office. Don’t you know anything? It’s heavily guarded by spells and enchantments, plus there’s a security camera. If you’re gonna get in there, you’re gonna need someone with brains who actually knows what they’re doing. I’ll help you sneak in, but what’s in it for me?
- Alex (5 yr old blueberry, sweet, naive, inquisitive )
What IS that? It’s so funny looking. *giggles* Wow...where do you think it came from? I bet it fell from the sky. Wanna get a closer look? It’s really---OH MY GOSH, it’s alive!
- Rory (6-8 yr old timid, paranoid, nervous/awkward porcupine)
Are you sure it’s safe? Mom says I can’t leave the burrow after dark. P-p-plus, what if there’s something out there? There could be coyotes, or mountain lions, or even worse: humans! I think I’m just gonna hang back and wait for morning. *beat* I’m not afraid! I’m just...uh...tired, yeah that’s it, tired!
- Billie (any age, class clown(fish) who will do anything for a laugh)
Okay, stop me if you’ve heard this one...why is it so easy to weigh fish? Because they have their own scales! Get it? *laughs a bit too much* Gets me every time…
- Mel (30’s-40’s, practical, over-protective, no-nonsense mom)
Children, how many times have I told you, no medieval weapons at the table. I’m not gonna tell you again. Where on earth is Gideon? *beat* What do you mean he left? Where’d he go? What am I gonna do with that boy…
- Elliott (20’s, manic, absent-minded alien who can’t get it together)
Excuse me, Earthlings, but I seem to have misplaced my . It was just here a minute ago...Have you seen it? I could’ve sworn I just-- Oh no, if I left it at the galaxy station again, Zeebler’s gonna kill me! He said I’d need it when we attack Mars, and--AH! I’ve said too much! I’m not even supposed to be talking to you! Uhhh, let’s just not tell anyone about this, okay Earthlings?
- Captain Rogers (40’s, boastful/showboating pirate, loose cannon)
Yer gonna love it here, lad, we’re free to do what we want, go where we want, take what we want, and the only thing ‘tween us and our treasure is an endless blue horizon. But if ye cross me or me crew, ye’ll be sent straight to Davy Jones’ locker, count on that, lad.
- Evil Minion (any age, dim-witted buzzard who will do anything boss says)
Well, Your Evilness, so, um...remember before when I told you he was dead? It turns out he’s still alive, what are the odds? It’s actually kinda funny if you-- yes, Sir, right away, Sir, I hear you loud and clear, Sir. I won’t fail you again. (*gulp*) I hope…
- Dakota (20’s, nice guy/girl who’s often overlooked & looking to prove themselves)
C’mon, just give me a chance. I know I’m not the toughest or strongest person out there, but I have just as much reason to fight as they do! Why can’t fight for the ones I love?
- Kina (30-40 yr old bear, warm, nurturing maternal type, caretaker)
Well hello there...oh sweetie, it’s all right, you don’t need to be afraid. What are you doing all the way out here at this time of night? Aww you poor thing, you’re shivering. Come on inside and we’ll get you warmed up. You hungry?
- Vespar (3,000 yr old wise dragon, cautious, deliberate)
I know why you have come. The answers you seek do not lie within these walls. I cannot tell you why the quest falls upon you, but you were chosen for a reason. Search deep inside yourself and you’ll find the answers you seek. But have caution, for not all embrace the truths they discover.
- Warlock/Witch (50-60 yr old evil witch/warlock with sinister ambitions and quick wit)
You fool! Did you really think that you could banish me? How do you think you got here tonight? Every move you’ve made has been according to my plan. You’re here because I want you here, and now there’s no escape. This throne will be mine!
- Ezra (20’s, slick seducer/seductress always angling to get what they want)
Of course I’ll let you out, I can’t bear the thought of you locked away in there forever. From the moment I met you, I knew you were special. There’s something between us, I know you feel it too. Give me the talisman, and I’ll set you free. Give it to me, and then we can be together forever.
- Flynn (any age, dopey, gentle giant with a heart of gold)
My name? No one’s ever asked me my name before. People call me names, but they’re not very nice. But you seem different, you have kind eyes. You wanna be my friend? I’ve never had no friends, but no one’s ever given me a chance. I’m Flynn.
- Jackie (30-40 yr old pineapple, laid back peacemaker, easy-going)
Hey dudes, listen, I think we all just need to take a chill pill for a sec. Life is good, we’ve got a straw hut over our heads, chill island vibes, and a bodacious ocean view. Let’s just put aside our differences for now and soak up the sweet, sweet rays of Mother Nature.
- Logan (20’s-30’s, brave hero/heroine who believes in a better world)
You all might not think this planet is worth saving, but I do. This is our home, and I’m not going down without a fight. There’s more of us than there are of them...if we stand together, we might just have a chance! Let’s show them what this world’s made of.
- Dr. Watts (60’s, eccentric mad scientist octopus, kooky but a genius)
Don’t you see, that’s just it! It’s GENIUS, why didn’t I think of it before?! All we have to do is reverse the flow of the power source, allow parasitic matter to build up in the tank, use upward currents to make our way out of the tube, and freedom will be ours from this insipid prison! Then it’s just a matter of getting to the ocean...
- Gene (70’s, grumpy, skeptic, sassy clock who’s set in their ways)
Look kid, for the last time, I’m not goin’ with ya to find your owner. When you’ve been around long as I have, you realize that time is precious, and you can’t ever get it back. I wanna spend whatever time I have left enjoying some peace and quiet...now go on and leave me be. Go on, get!
- Ty (6-8 yr old caterpillar, pessimist, bit of a downer)
Ugh, I’m never gonna be able to fly. Everyone else is growing up and changing, but I keep staying the same! *sigh* Mama was wrong, there’s nothing special about me.
- Vin (50 yr old oven, mob boss of the kitchen, takes no crap)
You know, Dee, I can’t help but feel a bit unappreciated here. I welcomed you into my family, toasted bread with you, and this is how you repay me? I’m hurt, and I don’t hurt easily. You know what happened to the last guy who crossed me? Let’s just say, if you’re gonna play with fire, then you’re gonna get burned. (cooly, to henchmen:) Broil him.