Audacity Recording, Editing and More!
Taught by Award Winning Sound Supervisors
For the voice actor who is looking to get started in self-recording, editing, and exporting professional-sounding auditions and recordings in Audacity. Get ready to work!
Click the ‘add to cart’ button to your left and complete your payment and reserve your spot. Class is limited to 8 people.
4 Consecutive Weeks: June 30, July 7, 14, 21
Wednesdays 7pm - 9:00pm PST (might go longer if needed)
Cost: $350 - Payment Plans Available
*Mac or Windows computer with Audacity installed. USB or Condenser Mic for recording in a quiet room for the class.
VIRTUAL CLASS VIA ZOOM
What We Will Cover:
- Class with be hands-on recording. on Audacity, open-source audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- In this course, you will learn to record in your home studio live audio and the correct level input and outputs for professional sounding auditions and recordings.
- Channel presets in Audacity will also be supplied to each student (value of $200)
- You will learn to perform basic editing tasks along with importing and playing back your audio files and understanding the correct export audio levels.
- Editing tools for your auditions such as copying and pasting audio, splitting clips, and adding effects.
- We will cover advanced tools including adding compression, removing short clicks, pops, and persistent background noise, reducing the effects of clipping and distortion and improving overall sound with compression and EQ.
- Hands-on overview of the use of plug-ins available for Audacity’s built-in effects and use of after-market Izotope plug-ins for sound issues with your recordings such as sibilance, mouth clicks, and noise floor. A discount code from Izotope will be included.